Organic Certification & Accreditation
About Organic Cotton
Many people consider cotton to be one of the purest fibres on earth. In fact, traditional chemical cotton cultivation inflicts a heavy toll on the environment. Good news is there are now some 50 countries commercially farming cotton organically including India, Turkey, The USA, Australia, Peru and China amongst others.
Organic farming means using ancient cotton farming knowledge combined with modern technology to create a sustainable and healthy crop. Farmers replace chemical use with methods approved by organic certifying bodies such as SKAL (Holland), BFA Australia, AGRECO (Germany) & IMO China. These certified methods minimise the impact on the soil and water supplies and preserve the Earth for future generations.
These methods include things like:
- Eliminating the use of synthetic fertilizers and using animal manures instead
- Eliminating the use of chemical pesticides and herbicides from every step of the farming process and using cow urine as an insecticide which is harmless to the environment
- Hand weeding
- Introducing good bugs to eat up the bad ones
- Organic cotton farming uses 50% less water than chemical farming
- Allowing the plant to defoliate naturally whilst the farmers have a holiday instead of using nasty chemical defoliants
- Letting the soil recover naturally after harvest
Maud N Lil Organic Cotton products are inspected and certified by GOTS International. This means they comply with the triple bottom line and are ethically, environmentally and economically viable. Our certification information is available upon request. Our brand has over 20 years of trust and credibility so feel assured that our logo is your guarantee.
Textile Processing & Filling Fibre
All Maud N Lil products are manufactured using European Oeketex Accredited weaving, knitting, dyeing & finishing processors to minimise environmental impact. Our natural filling fibre is derived from NON GMO sweet corn, is machine washable at 40º and eventually biodegrades after the life of the product. It is also backed by Oekotex. This logo is your guarantee:
All Maud N Lil products have passed full CE testing and accreditation so meet both the AS8124 parts 1,2 &3 and the EN71 full standard. This logo is your guarantee: